The Coyote Chronicles

Musings of an Alpha Male...

Name:
Location: Nashville

El Pocho takes a look around....

Monday, December 04, 2006

Gotta say this, I really do

I hate word verification. Most of the time, I have trouble distinguishing the letters, i's and l's, for example, so inevitably I get it wrong, and have to start all over. So, I started wondering, how many people just don't bother to get into the "settings" of their blogger account to turn this decidedly inconvenient feature off? Surely most bloggers don't get enough traffic to warrant having this extra security feature, do they? I mean, I like Chris Wages's word verification model, if I had to pick one. My browser remembers it for me, and since it never changes, it barely slows me down. As I discover more and more good blogs, and, as I feel that it is polite to comment when someone posts something heartfelt, I waste a fair amount of time proving I'm not a spammer, or whatever. Anybody else find this annoying, or even a tad pretentious?