The Coyote Chronicles

Musings of an Alpha Male...

Name:
Location: Nashville

El Pocho takes a look around....

Sunday, January 22, 2006

I just don't know what to think. Years ago, I was a Dennis Miller fan. I have seen his "Live from Washington" performance so many times, I think I could recite it word for word. It really made me laugh. His show, (on HBO) was great, and I may be the only person on the planet that enjoyed his brief acting career. Of course, I was disappointed by his sudden conservative shift. I still am. I watched his new comedy special last night, and it was easy to tell that he has little or nothing left. Most of the show wasn't funny. So, in this interview,
when he states that he is just a comedian, well he just confuses me. I think occum's razor applies here. I think Mr. Miller has aged, and grown conservative since he has much to protect. There is no more edginess in his comedy, in fact, last night's show felt a little like a tired sermon. Or, it could be that he has tried, unsuccesfully, to tap into a new audience by pandering to the fears of most conservative Americans. He took ridiculous positions on immgration (build a wall!) Global warming (the sun is hot, right?) and drilling in the Anwar.(you know you are never going to Alaska) I just think he is out of original material. A personal note to Dennis...If you ARE going to pander to uninformed, semi-illiterate audiences, you may have to change your whole routine. The obscure cultural and historical references that set you apart from other comedians is lost on this crowd...trust me.